WEBSITE BUILD TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your signed Scope of Work combined with these Terms and Conditions forms your Agreement with us. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Cancellations for WordPress hosting and WordPress websites will only be accepted within 7 days of receipt of signed quotation or online order from customer. Cancellation requests must be submitted to Donna Blackwood Digital Marketing in writing, via email@example.com.
A refund will be provided, less a 10% administration charge. If a WordPress website build has already commenced, no refund will be provided for the portion of the build that has already taken place.
Cancellations will not be accepted after the 7-day grace period and no refund will be provided.
DBDM retains copyright on the overall design and code created for your site. Upon receipt of final payment for your project, we transfer to you a non-exclusive license to use these designs and code in your site. See the section below on License for more details.
You agree that you are solely responsible for the copyright compliance of all materials that you provide to us to load into the site or you load yourself. You agree that materials are your own original work, or that you have obtained suitable licenses or permission to use. You retain copyright and ownership of all materials you provide for the site. Where DBDM sources images, text, videos or any other content for your site, we will purchase a suitable non-exclusive use license for said materials and this is transferred to you at project completion.
DBDM guarantees all website work for 30 days from project hand-over. Once notified, DBDM will fix any defects or bugs found within the first two months’ post site sign off. If the defect or bug on the site is caused by the client or user altering the WordPress installation, widgets, or theme or layout, then any repairs will be charged at standard time and materials rates.
This guarantee applies to the appearance and performance of the website in the versions of the major web browsers at the time it was launched (see note below on Browsers). Changes to versions of browsers after your site is launched are not covered by this Guarantee but are covered by Support Tickets or other support solutions offered by DBDM.
This guarantee does not include changes to design or function outside of the original scope of work, however, any such issues can be completed as a project variation and will be quoted separately.
This guarantee is void if the client, whilst provided access for the purpose of review and feedback, makes changes to the website during the build process without the approval of the DBDM. Even minor changes can impact on other areas of a website and therefore all changes must be managed by DBDM to ensure the integrity of the website.
Browsers, operating systems and Internet Explorer
The landscape of web browsers and devices changes regularly and our approach is to look forward, not back. With that in mind we will test all our HTML markup and CSS in current versions of all major desktop browsers including Windows OS Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9, Firefox and Chrome; Mac OS Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera; Apple iOS (iPad) Safari.
We aim to replicate website designs and templates as faithfully as possible across all browsers, however, this is dependent on browser capabilities. Designs and coding for older or less capable browsers are designed to degrade as gracefully as possible, appropriate to the capabilities of the browser. Please note that we do not support browser testing for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8.
Customers will be notified by the hosting provider directly when a hosting product is up for renewal. If payment of the renewal is not received on or prior to the expiry date of the product, the customers’ website will be suspended or deleted.
We do not guarantee that the functions contained in any web page templates or in a completed website will always be error-free and therefore we are not liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this website and any other web pages, even if you have advised us of the possibilities of such damages. See Guarantee section.
DBDM will install licensed code and plugins into your site. Where we hold a developers’ license for specific components, we transfer to you a non-exclusive, perpetual, license to use. Where we have created specific code for your site, we likewise transfer to you a non-exclusive, perpetual, license to use. In agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree not to challenge our right to copyright and ownership over any code created by us or implemented on your site.
Payment for website projects is 50% at commencement of the project and the balance (50%) at the completion of the project.
You agree to allow us to include text in the footer noting that DBDM has built your website, with a link to our website. We’re proud of our work, and we may publicise our design and build of your site on our website, other WordPress sites, design journals or magazines in print or online (all of this will include links back to your site and some great SEO exposure).
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Creative Brief – A unique, comprehensive brief to determine the goals, needs and approach that we need to take in solving the problems your current site does not solve. Our brief is designed to make you think about your goals.
- Kick-off call to discuss your brand and goals
- Site structure
- Meetings with clients to revise (phone/skype)
- Up to 2 revisions as needed to finalise
- Unique pages – true custom site
- The design of 10 individual pages:
- Design includes imagery, typography, links, navigation, drop down navigation, rollovers, calls to actions, taglines, slides for the homepage and charts/graphs.
- Photo search time and editing
- Meeting with clients to finalise design – phone, skype or in person
- Revisions as needed during design phase to finalise for build
- Photography & Illustrations are purchased on your behalf and charged per image. Anything provided by you is included.
- Review of site structure & content planning
- Content analysis and advising
- Publisher – We act as your content organiser
- Content Audit – Content from client reviewed and audited against site structure
- Content Placement
- Content Writing, Editing or Proofing available at additional cost
- Blogging services are available at additional cost
- Search engine optimisation available at additional cost
- Up to 10 pages to start.
- Testing domain setup
- Use of Theme for easy updates (header, footer, sidebar, scripts)
- Video Inclusion of up to 1 video (hosting on YouTube or Vimeo)
- Calls to Action, Social Media
- Drop Down Menus
- Contact Form with spam check and required fields
- Fav Icon – provided by client in correct size
- 404 error page
- Redirectswebsiteevious web site
- Browser testing: Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome (IE6 support is additional and limited)
- Installation of any tracking codes needed for PPC, Tools, or Analytics
- Phone and email meetings with clients to finalise
- Social Media Widget
- Social Media Integration
- Mobile theme
- Colour coded to your brand
Content Management System
- One-hour training session at handover is required
- Search Engine Friendly URLs
- Communication: same day response time
- Maintenance: same day updates
- Ownership – own your design!
It is important to have a clear idea of what you would like your site to look and feel like otherwise, you will use your allowed revision meetings very quickly. Once you have made two (2) revisions to the site following the initial build, further revisions will be charged at $100 per hour. This encourages you to get your ideas sorted and save money and time!
ONGOING SITE MAINTENANCE
You have a choice of either a monthly fee ($150) for up to two hours of changes/new content per month, every month (saving of $50 per month). Or if you don’t expect many changes i.e. monthly blog upload/new products to store, you may choose to PAYG (pay as you go) at $100 per hour.
OTHER FEATURES – ADDITIONAL COST
- Forms setup
- Integrations – Mailchimp etc.
Search Engine Optimisation
- Clean, SEO-Friendly URLs
- Google Compliant Sitemap
- Custom Page Titles
- SEO Kick-Off Meeting
- Strategy: Brainstorm, Research and Selection of Keyword phrases
- Site Optimisation
- Title Tag Modification
- Meta Keyword Tag Modification, if needed
- Meta Description Modification
- Addition of Keyword Footer Links to Pages on Site
- Alt Tag Modification & Other Code Changes
- Submission of Client Website to Google Webmaster Central and Verify the Site
- Spam Check: Hidden text, keyword stuffing, redirects and doorway pages
- Technical Modifications
- Custom 404 Error Page
- Txt File Added or Modified
- Content Guidelines
- Webmaster Tools
- Google Analytics
- Sitemaps (HTML and XML)
- Content Writing or Editing
- Ongoing SEO
- More In-depth Research
- Additional On-Page Work
- Content Editing for SEO
- Submissions to Directories
- Location pages
Ongoing Consulting and Analysis
- Ongoing SEO (see above)
- Local Search
- Social Media
- Other Print Components