Illegal sign-in attempts – Hacking
Most website owners/managers are oblivious to how often their site under attack or has illegal sign-in attempts – hacking. Thanks to the security alert plugin I use on websites I build, I know exactly:
- how many attempts are being made
- which city and country they are coming from AND
- the IP address of the computer being used.
Frequency and number of attempts
Just this month I have received 52 notices of hacking attempts to just one website. It only takes ONE successful attempt to compromise your site, steal payment details of your online customers or load malware that records keystrokes of any future online sales data.
What’s the benefit of knowing?
- Knowing it’s happening keeps you on your toes and prompts you to review your logon details and password strength.
- Update firewall rules, malware signatures and malicious IP addresses
- Take steps to protect your website from hacking attempts
- Protect your customers’ data
Contact me to discuss your WordPress website security concerns.